Magnum Venus Products Europe Ltd understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) informs you of the types of information Magnum Venus Products Europe Ltd (“MVP,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company”) collects about you when you visit our website at https://www.mvpeurope.co.uk and associated sub-domains (“Site”); purchase products from us or utilise any of our services (the “Services”) and how we use that information.
Information about us:-
The data controller for all information that we collect is: Magnum Venus Products Europe Ltd, Unit 22a Navigation Drive, Hurst Business Park, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1UT. Company Registration Number: 2158412
Our Data Protection Representative can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our office number on 01384 486222
MVP intends to comply with all privacy regulations that apply in the territories in which the company operates
This notice provides you with information about:–
- Who we collect information from and the information we collect.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Who we disclose your information to.
- International transfers.
- How we protect and store your information.
- Retention of your personal data.
- How this notice applies to links and third party websites.
- Your rights relating to your personal data.
WHO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We process personal data relating to:-
- Visitors to our website.
- Representatives of prospective and existing customers.
- Representatives of suppliers / business partners.
- Employment applicants.
The information that we process is listed below:–
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We collect personal data such as your name, address, telephone number or email address when you voluntarily submit it through a site form or an email sent to one of our contact email addresses. Other information that may also constitute personal data (such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, number of times you visited the site, dates you visited the site and the amount of time you spent viewing the site) may be collected via cookies and other tracking technologies (such as transparent GIF files). Aggregate information (such as how many times visitors log onto this site) may also be collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
REPRESENTATIVES OF PROSPECTIVE AND EXISITNG CUSTOMERS
We process personal data of customers of MVP to develop and maintain our business relationship with you. This includes; Name, Company Address, Contact Telephone Numbers, Email Address and Title. Personal data will also be processed by us when you enter into a contract with us or contact us to make enquiries or complaints via telephone, email or by post. We will also collect your business contact details if you attend meetings or events or sign up to our newsletters.
We will process personal data of employment applicants when you apply for a position with MVP. This includes; Name, Home Address, Contact Telephone Numbers, Email Address, Education and Employment History. Personal data will also be processed when you attend an interview and as part of the selection process. In addition, your details will be held on file with your consent if you wish to be considered for similar positions that arise in the next year in the event that you are unsuccessful within your initial application.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU FROM OTHER SOURCES
We collect personal information from various third party sources including:–
- Public records/databases.
- Third party information providers.
- Your employer or other organisation you work for (in the context of marketing and/or providing goods and services to them).
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU AND WHY?
The provision of contact information from you and other relevant information is required from you to enable us to communicate with you and where relevant to enable us to enter into and perform our contract with your organisation. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you (including via this Privacy Notice), whether you are required to provide the information to us.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What legal basis we have for collecting and using your personal data. Where relevant under applicable laws, the use of your personal data will be justified by at least one condition for processing. In the majority of cases this condition will be that:–
- Our use of your personal data is in our legitimate business interest as a commercial organisation, provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights;
- Our use of your personal data is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your account);
- Consent (where we obtain this as the basis for our processing – for example for certain forms of electronic marketing); and/or our use of your personal data is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use the information you supply:–
- To answer your specific enquiry or respond to your enquiries or complaints.
- For our general business purposes, such as the administration of your account, to invite you to events, deal with your queries or for marketing or sales purposes;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of the business;
- To satisfy legal or regulatory requirements;
- As otherwise described in this notice; and to market and to send you relevant information on the services that we provide.
WHO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO
We work with third parties to help manage our business and deliver services. We and our service providers (as defined below) disclose and share your personal data, among MVP and our Affiliates:-
- To third party service providers (“Service Providers”) that perform services for us or on our behalf (including those which may process information, host investor relations content, provide courier services, help manage our IT and back office systems or distribute marketing materials). Such service providers are required under their contract with us, to handle your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and principles related to privacy and data protection;
- For credit card payments we employ a third party to process these payments on our behalf. This third party will only have access to the personal data required to process the credit card transaction;
- To a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division;
- To other persons where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal data and only as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation. Such disclosure could be made to courts, to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, regulators and law enforcement agencies in the European Union and around the world or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- Any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to us or our service providers, as explained in the “how we use the information we collect” section above.
MVP offices and service providers are located throughout the world. Accordingly, your personal data may be sent to countries which have different levels of data protection laws than your country of residence. For instance, if you need equipment installed in the US, we will forward your information to our appropriate business partner as part of the installation. We may also make other disclosures of your personal data overseas, for example if we receive a legal or regulatory request from a foreign law enforcement body. MVP complies with all applicable laws before transferring personal data to a recipient in a country with data protection laws that do not have a data protection standard equivalent to the laws where you live.
We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is carefully managed to protect your rights and interests.
We will only transfer your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
Transfers between MVP and its Affiliates will be covered by intra-group data transfer agreements which give specific contractual protections designed to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within MVP.
Any requests for information we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully checked before personal data is disclosed.
You have the right to ask us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place as mentioned above. Contact us at email@example.com or call 01384 486222.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of the information we collect seriously. We have implemented and we maintain technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the data concerned. Some of the steps we take are: placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers; destroying or permanently anonymising personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this notice. In some circumstances it may be retained for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may retain your personal data for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
Where we have obtained your personal data in order to provide you with marketing information for our services, it will be stored by us only as long as you do not change your mind to receive such materials from MVP. Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure that it is securely deleted.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO OPT OUT OR REQUEST CHANGES
Subject to certain exemptions and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights free of charge in relation to your personal data.
- To access a copy of your personal data.
- To rectify / erase personal data.
- To restrict the processing of your personal data.
- To withdraw consent for processing personal data.
- To transfer your personal data.
- To object to the processing of personal data.
- To object to how we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- To obtain a copy of safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction.
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Our email for privacy related queries is firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We recommend that you check this notice every time you visit our site or provide us with your personal data offline as we may update this notice from time to time. Any changes will be effective when posted and your continued use of the site or not objecting to the use of your personal data will indicate your acknowledgement of any changes.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS NOTICE
If you have questions concerning this notice, please contact our privacy team at email@example.com. Our senior privacy representative is Mrs Juli Owen.