MVP have recently installed the first commercially available medium / large-scale thermoset 3D printer at the Department of Energy’s Manufacturing Demonstration Facility.
While 3D printers have been around for years, the additive manufacturing industry has desperately needed a cost-effective solution that could print structures and moulds.
The MVP machine features a state-of-the-art gantry system tailored to the application, developed in response to growth in 3D printing, a market demand for hyper-customisation and the need for advanced manufacturing automation.
The roll-in/roll-out bed configuration of the MVP thermoset printer dramatically increases the productivity of additive manufacturing. The configuration allows the printer to operate while pre- and post- processing operations are performed on an additional print bed outside of the machine. The benefits include rapid prototyping moulds, rapid mould building, and creativity with an all-new material for cutting-edge companies.
- Multi-axis print head and coordinated control of other print process parameters
- Build volume: 16’ x 8’ x 42’’
- Prints up to 50” per second (depending on material used)
- Deposition rate ≥ 10 lbs./hr.
- Resolution of ≤ 6mm and larger resolution is possible
- Build platform with 1,000 lb. capacity
- Repeatability = ±0.005”
- Large footprint easily scaled to multiple sizes